Where and when we meet
793 Oakey Flat Rd, Morayfield QLD
10am Sunday mornings
1. The Bible is God’s revelation of Himself to all people. The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, was written by human authors under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and is therefore the Word of God, infallible and inerrant in the original writings. As the Word of God, the Bible is the final authority for faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21.
2. There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three co-equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is sovereign over all things. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; Romans 11:36.
3.The Son of God, Jesus Christ, is truly God and truly man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, Mary. He lived a perfect and sinless human life, before dying willingly on a Roman cross to pay the penalty for the sin of all people. He was buried, but rose bodily from the dead three days later, triumphant over sin, death and Satan and was exalted to the Father’s right hand in Heaven, given all authority and power. Matthew 3:17; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:15-20.
4. The Holy Spirit’s work is to convict people of their sin leading them to repentance and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. He indwells every believer from the time of their salvation, empowering them in every aspect of their individual and church life. Some of His roles in believers include enabling to live a holy life and be a witness for Jesus Christ, the imparting of spiritual gifts for service, and guiding into all truth.
5. People were created in the image of God to exist for eternity in relationship with Him. The first people created walked in perfect fellowship with God, before Satan deceived them into disobeying God, bringing sin into the world and death by sin. All people have sinned and are therefore guilty in God’s sight, under His wrath, separated from Him and incapable of saving themselves from the consequences of sin. God’s desire is to restore people to a perfect relationship with Himself. Genesis 1:27; Ecclesiastes 3:11; Isaiah 59:1-2; Romans 3:23, 6:23.
6. Salvation is God’s free gift of grace available to all people, which cannot be earned through good works or self-improvement. The grounds of salvation are the perfect life, atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. While salvation is a free gift it must be individually received through repentance of sin and trust in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord. Such people are forgiven of all their sin – past, present and future – born again by the Holy Spirit and become children of God. Growing conformity to Christ and endurance in the faith will always characterise those who are truly saved. John 1:12; Acts 20:21; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-10; Colossians 1:22-23; Hebrews 3:6 & 14; 6:11-12; James 2:17; 1 Peter 1:3-5.
7. The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person to gather His people, to show clearly His Kingdom with power and glory and to judge the world in righteousness. Those who belong to Him will go to be with Him eternally in Heaven, while those who are not His will receive eternal judgement in a place of torment. Acts 1:11, 17:30-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Revelation 20:15, 21:3-4.
8. Satan is a real being who is the enemy of both God and people. He is the deceiver who led people into sin and the accuser of all believers in Christ, who continues to wage war against God and His creation, both physical and spiritual. Satan and his angels were defeated by Jesus Christ at the cross and are destined for eternal judgement by God in a place of torment. Genesis 3:1-7, 14-15; Job 1:6-12; Matthew 25:41; John 8:44; Ephesians 6:11-12; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 20:10.